Appel de conférences pour le colloque « Saint-Saëns Across Borders », Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester, UK, 3-4 février 2022.
« To mark the centenary of the death of Camille Saint-Saëns, the Royal Northern College of Music presents an international conference on Saint-Saëns, his life and his works outside of France and in transnational contexts.
- Saint-Saëns in Britain
- His relations with musicians and artists
- His association with aristocracy, British society and institutions
- His British premières, recordings and the reception of his music
- Saint-Saëns’s foreign tours (eg. within Europe and to the USA)
- Saint-Saëns and the Colonial World
- Saint-Saëns beyond the borders of the concert hall, eg. film, television, video games
- Saint-Saëns across disciplinary borders
The Programme Committee welcomes proposals for paper presentations (20 minutes), lecture-recitals (30 minutes), panel discussions (60 minutes). All presentations will be followed by 10 minutes for questions, apart from panel discussions which will be followed by 30 minutes of questions and answers. Poster presentations are also welcome. Abstracts (in English or French) of no more than 300 words for individual papers, lecture recitals and posters, and 600 words for panel discussions should be submitted to Barbara Kelly Barbara.Kelly@rncm.ac.uk. »
EXTENSION de la date limite de soumission : 1er octobre 2021.