Appel de conférences pour le symposium « Piazzolla 2021. Musical Cultural Transfer Argentina-Europe », organisé par le Staatliches Institut für Musikforschung et l’Ibero-Amerikanisches Institut de Berlin, en ligne, 4-6 novembre 2021.
« The State Institute for Music Research and the Ibero-American Institute want to take two anniversaries in 2021 – Astor Piazzolla’s 100th and Mauricio Kagel’s 90th birthday – as an opportunity to focus on the musical cultural transfer between Argentina and Europe in the 20th/21st century. […]
For the symposium, we would welcome contributions especially on the following topics:
- « Cultural transfer » in the context of cultural appropriation and identity politics.
- Musical exchange between Argentina and Europe: historical perspectives.
- Dissemination and reception of contemporary Argentine music in Europe in the context of art music, globalization and local identities.
- Folk and art music interrelationships in Argentine composers.
- Bandoneon (cultural transfer, role in contemporary music, etc.).
- Astor Piazzolla (Argentine and European sources of his music, reception, tango in contemporary music etc.).
- Mauricio Kagel (dealing with the Argentine cultural heritage, intercultural projects, Kagel’s reception in Argentina, etc.).
- Work and reception of European musicians and composers in Argentina.
- Work and reception of Argentine musicians and composers in Europe.
- Electronic music in Argentina (cooperation with European studios, personal connections).
- Reception of contemporary Argentine composers in Europe (e.g. Darmstaedter Ferienkurse, Festival d’Automne à Paris, Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival, Warsaw Autumn, Donaueschingen etc.).
- (Intercultural) works of contemporary Argentine composers. »
Date limite de soumission : 15 août 2021.