« “Baltic Musics After the Post-Soviet” explores the chronologies and imaginaries of makers, performers, and scholars creating, naming, inhabiting, and interpreting Baltic worlds after the “post-Soviet.” We invite music- and sound-centered papers and presentations of creative work that address Baltic musics after the “post-Soviet” from practice-based, ethnographic, historical, and comparative perspectives. Possible themes to explore include, but are not limited to:
- National genres and instruments
- Place, soundscape, and environment
- Language and multilingualism
- Collaborative music-making
- Movement, emigration, and diaspora
- Archives and festivals
- Gender, race, voice, and body
- Consumerism, media, and music industries
- Institutions and states
- Regionalisms, Europeanness, globality
- Hybridity of style and influence
- The composer’s voice »
Date limite de soumission : 1er avril 2021.
Pour plus de détails, voir l’appel en ligne.