« This year, Americas: A Hemispheric Music Journal invites article submissions for a themed issue on the jukebox musical. In the spirit of the jukebox musical’s preference for mish-mash, this issue seeks to model collaborative and cooperative scholarly practice by encouraging co-authored essays pulling from various pockets of academic and professional thought. We invite single-authored and co-authored submissions as well as submissions from authors who would be interested in pairing with another scholar around a theme or specific musical. This issue, we hope, will demonstrate the best of what happens when unalike disciplinary perspectives cohere around such an unruly yet provocative concept. Topics may include:
- Disability discourses
- Issues of identity such as race, gender, sexuality, and social class
- The dynamics of voice, impersonation, or mimicry
- Media and liveness
- The borders and edges of disciplines and cultural practices that the jukebox musical occupies, upholds, or subverts
- Fandom and iconicity
- Nostalgia, affect, and memory
- Guilty pleasures
- Dramaturgy, production, choreography
- The jukebox musical as history/biography »
Date limite de soumission : 1er août 2023.
Pour plus de détails : cliquez ici.