« Delta State University is now accepting proposals for papers and lecture-performances for the 8th annual International Conference on the Blues. Suggested topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Music of the African diaspora
- Black musical traditions and influences on American music and culture
- The influence of blues, gospel, spirituals, and soul music
- Black music as protest and social commentary
- Black artists and the music industry
Papers are invited from scholars, including authors, performers, and independent researchers. We also welcome young and emerging scholars (graduate students, recent masters and doctoral graduates, and junior faculty).
Due to Covid-19, the conference format will be a hybrid of live and streamed events. »
Date limite de soumission : 1er juillet 2021 (via le formulaire en ligne).
Pour plus de détails, visitez le site du colloque.