Appel de conférences pour le colloque « Dialogues. Analysis and Performance », Faculté de musique, Université de Toronto, 7-9 octobre 2021.
« The inaugural edition of the symposium Dialogues: Analysis and Performance will be held October 7–9, 2021, at the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Music. We invite proposals on any topic related to the analysis and performance of music, especially encouraging those engaging with repertoire or performance practices from the 20th and 21st centuries.
Applicants may choose—but are not obliged—to base their proposal around any of the following questions:
- How can the concerns, choices, and pursuits of music performance inform the practice of music analysis?
- How can the concerns, choices, and pursuits of music analysis inform the practice of music performance?
- What sites of intersection provide promise for collaborative research between music theorists, musicologists, and performers?
- How can research in contemporary music appeal to a broader segment of the artistic and academic communities?
- How do trends and conversations in contemporary culture influence the intersection of analysis and performance?
- What challenges or appeals does contemporary music in particular present to the integration of analysis and performance? »
Date limite de soumission : 1er juin 2021.
Pour plus de détails, voir l’appel en ligne.