Appel de conférences pour la « Teaching Music History Conference », Pedagogy Study Group of the American Musicological Society, en ligne 14, 18, 21 et 25 juin 2021.
« We invite proposals that draw on the scholarship of teaching and learning to address topics related to teaching music history (broadly defined) at any academic level (K-12, higher education, community) and the issues its practitioners face. Although the conference program committee is open to proposals on any relevant topic, we especially welcome proposals that address the following:
- Online pedagogy, student engagement, and new formats beyond the traditional classroom;
- Teaching and learning in “the new normal” (e.g., what to carry forward after the pandemic and a year of protests)
- Pedagogy or curricular development that explores the blurred boundaries between music history and other subdisciplines of music studies (e.g. ethnomusicology, sound studies, music theory);
- Perspectives on teaching and learning from disciplines beyond musicology;
- Learning to teach courses, topics, and methodologies beyond our expertise;
- Positioning music history within the curriculum and drawing connections among courses (e.g., core and elective);
- Strategizing meaningful conversations about curriculum with colleagues and administration;
- Rethinking and reframing the relevance of music history within and beyond the university, college, or school of music; and
- Perspectives on teaching and learning from outside the United States.
Date limite de soumission : 15 mars 2021.
Formulaire de soumission : cliquez ici.