Appel à contributions pour la revue Organised Sound, vol. 29, no 2, sur le thème « Radical Education in Electronic Music, Past and Present », 2024.
« This call seeks historical and contemporary studies considering radical education in relation to the genres and practices of electroacoustic music studies. Potential themes include (but are not limited to):
- Deeper histories of the role of listening and the cultivation of aural skills in radical and progressive education (e.g., Black Mountain College and John Dewey’s holistic education, c.f. Turner 2013)
- Reports on para-sites, under-universities and other alternative educational institutions in relation to electronic music
- Historical and contemporary studies of radical education in electronic music, e.g., sound in art schools, adult education, community music and art centres
- Soundscape, field recording, and acoustic ecology as radical environmental education
- Contending with Black cultural history in relation to electroacoustic music’s negotiations of art and popular
- Archiving, preservation and memory work in relation to electroacoustic music pedagogy
- Critical perspectives on ‘democratisation’ narratives in relation to music, technology, and schooling »
Date limite de soumission : 15 septembre 2023.
Pour plus de détails : cliquez ici.